1. What RESPs Offer

A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a savings account for education.

This short video introduces you to RESPs, the Canada Learning Bond and much more. It's a very good place to start.

Government of Canada RESP brochure

Find out more from the
Government of Canada Registered Education Savings Plan brochure.

What Can I Get?

Use our Savings Calculator to see how your savings could add up year by year.

Savings Calculator

Use our Eligibility Tool to find out what government education grants your child could get if you start an RESP.

Eligibility Tool

Canada Learning Bond

Your child can get the Canada Learning Bond if your child was born January 1, 2004 or after.

You can get up to $2,000 from the Government of Canada’s Canada Learning Bond when you open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

Read more: Canada Learning Bond

The Canada Learning Bond can only be used for post-secondary education.

Find out more from the Government of Canada's Canada Learning Bond brochure.

Even if your child doesn't qualify for the Canada Learning Bond, you can still get money from the Government for your child's education. Find out about the Canada Education Savings Grant.

Provincial Grants

BC Training and Education Savings Grant provides $1,200 for all BC kids aged 6 to 9 To make sure you get this fre money, your child must have an RESP account.

Read more: Provincial Grants

The SmartSAVER online application can help you apply for the Canada Learning Bond and the BC grant.

Alberta Centennial Education Savings Grant - ended July 31, 2015